Jungle vibes at the newly opened Kinsley Restaurant in Uptown Kingston 🌿 Loving the colorful interiors by Studio Robert McKinley, located inside an old bank building . #GatheringsLikeThese
665914 October, 2019
The Kingston Design Showhouse was packed last night for the opening reception in uptown Kingston, NY 🙌🏻 If you’re in the area, come check out this incredible home from the 1800s where interior designers and artists came together to revamp 16 rooms ✨ On display from October 11-26! @kingston.design.connection Thank you @chronogram for this amazing article featuring the meditation room with my sculptural installation
5081312 October, 2019
Happy as a clam here among artists and friends (and my sweetie @johnvrafferty and with no pup because @heniseepottery is the best!!) here’s to a fabulous weekend! 🥂
Looking back on a few favorite scenes from this weekend @fieldandsupply. It is always inspiring and a delight to be among those who appreciate and share my passion for beautiful, handcrafted things. Thank you to all who came out and especially thank you to @brad_ford_id and team for hosting and welcoming me to take part. Already looking forward to next year!
The annual Sinterklaas Kick-off Party is scheduled for Saturday November 9 and you are invited! Mark your calendars and join us for a delightful start to your Saturday night while supporting Sinterklaas!!⭐
You are invited to join all the pre-parade magic at the annual Sinterklaas Star Party Fundraiser & Celebration at the Beekman Arms in Rhinebeck. Mark your calendars and join us for a delightful start to your Saturday night while supporting Sinterklaas!! November 9th! — 5:30-7:30pm
WHAT: The Star Party, Annual Fundraiser & Celebration
WHEN: Saturday November 9, 2019 — 5:30-7:30pm
WHERE: The Beekman Arms, Rhinebeck, New York
Get your tickets at: @sinterklaashudsonvalley
2612 hours ago
Have you been wondering if the Radiant Child Yoga teacher training is worth your time and financial investment? 🤔Listen to what one recent student had to say: "Radiant Child Yoga Teacher Training opened incredible new doors as a yoga instructor and physical therapist. It's transformed how I've treated my pediatric patients and it's allowed me to share something I love with children while imparting life skills they can take with them on and off the mat. 🧘🏽♀️
The conversation and fun 🤪you have with these little ones while sharing the practice and philosophy of yoga is beyond heartwarming. ❤️
Michele is incredible and so knowledgeable about how to manage a room full of eager little ones with kindness and compassion. 💕
There isn't anyone else I would consider taking this course with!" ❤🙏 -K.J.
Interested in joining us November 8th-10th at The Yoga House in Kingston, NY? 🌈Check out the link in bio.🧘🏽♀️
Hi. I don’t think I ever introduced myself, but since you good people are listening, I try to work up some courage to do just that.
Hi. I’m Rita. And here are a few “fun facts” about me: - I’m a dual citizen; I was born in Hungary, I traveled and lived in a lot of different places, but I found my home not long ago in the Hudson River Valley, New York.
- I have been an artist my whole life, but only recently dedicated myself to start actually make a living of my craft, which is still a work in progress.
- I was repeatedly raped between the age of 13-14 by a group of men, stayed silent for 10 years, then ended up repeating this pattern by choosing relationships in my 20’s that were bed for me, often abusive and manipulative.
- I have three suicide attempts in my past and it was only in my early thirties when I realized that I deserve to feel better then just “not wanting to kill myself”.
- I had struggle to conceive my first child, which lead me to examine my past sexual trauma which provided a profound but still ongoing healing (plus a baby.) This experience brought the painting series called “The Book of Persistence” that will be published under the title “The story of how I found you” in just a few week. (Yes!!!) Written and illustrated by yours truly.
- I find a lot of healing in art and I’m passionate about leading others finding the same. I’m very much interested in setting up healing art classes, and creating a community where art is accepted and considered equal, no matter if it’s professional or recreational use.
- I also find a lot of purpose in local activism, I often volunteer, march, protest for the lives of our black, brown, poor friends, as well as for the rights of our Mother Earth.
- I live with two cats, two dogs, soon two children and one partner who’s trying to keep it all together.
- I’m most commonly seen in vegan doc martens and lately in utility overalls. (Yes, I’m that type.)
- I play the bass guitar in a very elementary level and constantly dream about having a band.
And also, I’d loved to know more about you. Not because I want to sell you stuff, but because art for me is finding freedom, releasing emotions, and creating commUITY. 💕
26118 hours ago
“The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves.” — Helen Keller
Join the Friends of Forsyth Nature Center, Kingston Parks and Recreation and the Junior League of Kingston on October 25th 2019 from 5:30pm-7:30pm for a fun filled evening at the Forsyth Nature Center. “Boo at the Zoo” is a Halloween treat for children of all ages. Families are encouraged to come in costume to this free event and enjoy s’mores, snacks, live entertainment and a costume parade.
Meet Tina Assa! Tina is a mom, Kindergarten teacher, and co-chair of our Provisional Development team. Tina joined the Junior League of Kingston in 2016 because she was impressed with how many wonderful things the league does for the community and wanted to be a part of that. What she enjoys most about the league is that she has a direct impact on her community while being surrounded by positive, uplifting women. #meetourmembers#juniorleagueofkingston
2218 hours ago
Honored to share with you an interview that Sue Weed Everette Hodge Center and I did yesterday on La Voz con Mariel Fiori radio show Radio Kingston...Gracias Mariel for inviting us on to talk about @TheStartup Squad.
The girl boss on our flyer is Rose from @roseandcocandlemakers who started making candles at 9 years out ..check out her soy wonderfully scented candles .
I should have paid more attention to my Spanish teacher in HS... The program that is starting Oct 16th at the Hodge is Free and open to Girls 8-12/13...They do not need to enroll at the Hodge center to join us .....Local friends please spread the word ....we want to attract little girls who would love to be part of the "Squad"
It's FREE!! Exciting new girls entrepreneur club starting Oct 16th in Kingston at the Hodge Center ...Over the course of ten sessions, the Girls pick a product or service, create a business name and logo, and learn money management, communication, and sales skills. At the final event, participants promote and sell their goods or services at a special pop-up holiday market.
Atención niñas emprendedoras: Helene Richman y Sue Weed ofrecen un taller para niñas de entre 8 y 12 años emprendedoras que comienza este miércoles en el Everette Hodge Community Center, gratis, The Startup Squad, para más información 845-331-9683
These juicy babes are leaving for Philly tomorrow morning for the set of ‘Laura’ by @mizantymovesdance ❤️ Can’t wait to visit the city I lived in for almost a decade! Stay tuned to see the full installation ✨ PS - painting backdrop by the lovely @tatysharpton
Reposting with edit, to help spread the word for these new @shanandtheclams shows tonight and tomorrow in Philly and NY.
NEW LAST MINUTE SHOWS ANNOUNCEMENT: WE PLAY TONIGHT (TUESDAY 10/15) @bootandsaddle IN PHILADELPHIA, PA with @toughshits & WEDNESDAY @bspkingston IN KINGSTON, NY with DJ @andyanimal !!
The flip side to this good news is our two Philly shows with @gretavanfleet have unfortunately been cancelled. See their profile for info about that. SEE YOU TONIGHT PHILLY/ TOMORROW KINGSTON!!! 🤡🤡🤡 @meltasia